Greetings from Athens, Ohio, where I’m teaching a 10-week workshop on Trend Forecasting/Analysis and Creative Presentation Skills. While it took me sooooo long to create the lesson plans for just this first week (how I respect and so appreciate what all you instructors out there do!), it’s been rewarding as I love talking about what I do and empowering 20 eager faces with information, sharing many examples and stories.
I’ll be back home this weekend to conduct most of the classes long distance via skype, work spring 2014 with my clients, and plan for my twice-yearly shopping trip to Europe….the plate is full!
On March 1 I leave for spring shopping in Europe and am anxious to check out the following trend points in London and Paris:
- – The bottoms story-still skinny? News in the jean world-novelty non-denim?
- – Indigo denim/chambray-being used as a sportswear fabric?
- – Any nautical/military?
- – Is the print story still so strong?
- – The movement of color and the variety being offered
- – Shirts, T’s, sweatshirts
- – Metallic/embellishment?
- – Anxiously awaiting that new must-have style to emerge!