PRINT AND PATTERN DIRECTION
There truly will be something for everyone in the world of print. The pattern message is very strong. Here’s the list – you choose:
- African—tribal or modern and fun
- Tropical—Hawaiian, Polynesian, jungle
- Exotic—Batik, Moroccan tile
- Botannical—the most popular flowers and leaves and; floating and beautifully drawn
- Country Flowers—the charm of Liberties, but opened up, rescaled, recolored, etc. to bring them into 2012
- Animal—still strong; think of new ways to interpret and engineer
- Watercolor Fantasy—see through flowers in irregular fantasy layouts and combinations
- Photo-Real—landscapes, people, engineered scenics
- Clean Bold Stripes—diagonal, spliced, paneled, angled, bordered, interrupted, painted
- Dots and Geo’s—clean and modern
- Networking—intricate random and irregular intertwining of lines, shapes
KEY POINTS ABOUT PATTERN FOR 2012:
- Engineer in a new way and in a new place.
- Make the spacing and layouts irregular and dreamlike.
- Let the patterns breathe with more open space.
- Combine unusual objects/subjects together in interesting layouts.
- The mood is either blurry, soft, diffused; or clean, bold and distinct.