Let’s get down to it.
“SUMMERTIME…..and the living is
It’s the time of year when most of us are finishing development for spring 2011, and want desperately to move on to our favorite season, summer!
Why do we love summer?
- we can finally look concepts and ideas for a season that we’re actually in.
- it’s an easy season to develop—we know what the summer color palettes are, it’s casual-oriented, we can go to town with lots of patterns and novelties.
- we love how summer transitions into transition and we can’t wait to get to that trans palette.
My directives for summer:
- Be expressive. Summertime purchases are usually based on impulse! Besides stocking up on some good summer basics, customers buy something novel, fashionable, of the moment.
- Experiment and take risk, because the customer will be in the mood to do the same. Try a new idea you’ve wanted to do from the heavy duty s-p-r-i-n-g season. Customers tend to create outfits and build their wardrobes for spring.
When summer comes around, they’re ready to buy an item, just because.
Think item, item, item!
If you like the picture I’ve painted above for the season, stay tuned in. I’m off to London and Paris this week to shop retail (hooray, it’s in-season!), see new colors, new assortments, new ideas and presentations.
I’ll be sending at the most—inspirational; at the least—interesting tidbits of information as I see them from each city. That is, providing volcanic dust clouds do not be come a travel deterrent.
And, please join my webinar where I’ll show you all the colors, concepts, and key points to help you create a great season—Summer Retail Trend Report from London and Paris. You’ll see lots of photos and hear about inspirational ideas. I guarantee you’ll feel like you were there shopping with me!